I had the same problem, and found this from Jon Hardison's post:
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR OWN PROFILE PICTURE
By Jon Hardison Tongue
1. Once you've logged into the Forum, click the profile button from the top menu.
2. From the menus on the left, under the Modify Profile section, click Forum Profile Information.
3. Click the radio button next to "I will upload my own picture:"
4. Click the Browse button at the end of the first field and (this is very important) find the 96x96 pixel, or less, JPG, GIF or PNG file. This file can NOT be larger than 128K. To be clear; this image can NOT be larger than 96 pixels in any direction, and MUST be smaller than 128K, so if you're trying to upload an avatar that is 60x97 pixels, which is 12K, IT WILL NOT WORK. If you're trying to upload a 58x62 pixel image that is 132K, IT WILL NOT WORK. If you're trying to upload an image that is 98x54 pixels and is 2K... Yup! You guessed it. IT WILL NOT WORK.
5. Enter your Personal Text. This is the text that appears just under your avatar next to all your posts.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Change Profile, and you're DONE!
A few things you should know...
* If you change your profile picture, all posts you make, as well as all posts you have made, will show up with your new avatar.
* There is a total of 192K limit per post on uploads, which can be broken up into a max of 4 files.
* And lastly, we all love you very much. Yes we do. Grin
If this doesn't work for you, or if you have additional question, please just drop me a line at email@example.com
PS - 58x62 at 12K will work
96x96 at 32K will work
22x84 at 124K will look wierd, but will work
90x50 at 50K will work
...need I go on? Grin
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 01:17:59 PM by Jon Hardison (Forum Admin) »